– TDK Company will participate in Sensors Converge 2021 with its brands InvenSense, Micronas, TDK and Tronics at the September in-person and virtual event. TDK will highlight sensor products ranging from pressure sensors, magnetic sensors and inertial sensors, suitable for industrial, automotive, robotics, etc. applications.
– Members of our InvenSense The team will present both live and virtual sessions, provide an overview of the new product and participate in a panel on the shortage of chips
– TDK SmartBug (TM) was selected as a finalist in the IoT and Wireless category for the Best of Sensors awards at the event, and Senior Director and Head of MEMS Packaging Technology Department, Dr. Milena Vujosevic is nominated as a finalist for Woman of the Year
September 16, 2021
TDK Company (TSE: 6762) announces its upcoming participation in Sensors Converge 2021, formerly known as Sensors Expo. TDK will present a new pressure sensor, participate in live theater sessions in industry, automotive and pressure sensors, speak at a panel and present a product line of several TDK Group company brands, including InvenSense, Micronas, TDK and Tronics at the event 21-23 Sep, in San jose, california as well as streaming virtually worldwide.
TDK will highlight the following solutions during the event:
– ICP-20100 Pressure Sensor: During the event, TDK will launch a brand new pressure sensor product. The SmartPressure (TM) family uses an innovative capacitive MEMS architecture that consumes less power and offers greater accuracy than competing technologies. The new ICP-20100 can accurately measure height changes as small as 5cm.
– Tronics AXO®315: A miniature high performance 1 axis closed loop MEMS accelerometer suitable for precise industrial control of motion and tilt, test instrumentation and IMUs and INS for GNSS assisted positioning of vehicles, trains and robots.
– Industrial sensor IIM-42652: the newly launched SmartIndustrial (TM) motion tracking, featuring a compact 6-axis IMU, low power and extended temperature range of 40 ° C to 105 ° C and the possibility of providing an external clock to synchronize with the system in a compact format: 2.5 × 3 × 0.91 mm (14-pin LGA).
– Micronas HAC® 39xy: This family of 3D sensors includes built-in capacitors for robust position sensing of stray fields for industrial and automotive applications, including valves and actuators, gear levers, transmission systems or sensing brake stroke position.
– TDK Ultrasonic Sensor Module: A very compact time-of-flight sensor with a built-in pilot and signal processor that can detect objects in the air by emitting and receiving ultrasonic waves using piezo technology . This module is ideal for guided autonomous vehicles, industrial robots and level measurement.
TDK will present in the virtual sessions and in person below:
– Sensors enabling the transport of the future – Wed Sep 22 10:10 a.m. to 10:25 a.m., streaming: Stefano Zanella, vice president of product marketing for the head of automotive and industry, InvenSense, showcase the sensors needed to enable the transportation of the future, and discuss industry trends such as if car ownership is becoming less common, the impact of the pandemic on commuting, e-commerce and whether carpooling or autonomous driving are the answer to the main challenges.
– New product announcement – Wed Sep 22 of 3:20 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. PT, broadcast virtually: Uday Mudoi, Marketing Director for Pressure Sensor, InvenSense will share the launch details of the brand new pressure sensor product.
– Interview with the executive press office – Thursday 23 September of 10:55 a.m. to 11:05 a.m. PST, broadcast virtually: Joseph Bousaba, DG and vice-president of the Movement and Pressure business unit, InvenSense will explain how TDK delivers performance, precision and intuitive interfaces based on movements, gestures and 3D ultrasound for mobile devices, wearable devices, smart home, industry and automotive.
– Chip shortage panel – Thursday 23 September of 11:15 am-12:05 pm PT, broadcast virtually: Joseph Bousaba speak with other industry leaders about the challenges of the chip shortage.
– Theater session: High precision pressure sensors enable new applications – Thursday 23 September of 12:10 p.m. – 12:25 p.m. Pacific Time, live on site: Uday Mudoi, will dive deeper into InvenSense new pressure sensor and explain how high precision pressure sensors enable new consumer and IoT applications, from wearable devices, AR / VR and smart homes, to E911 emergency calls.
– Theater session: TDK InvenSense Industrial Modules – Thursday 23 September of 2:45 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. PT, broadcast virtually: Camilo Delgado. Marketing Director, TDK InvenSense will share more on InvenSense industrial portfolio of motion sensors, the SmartIndustrial (TM) family of sensors and its 6-axis motion tracking device IIM-46234 with multiple 3-axis gyroscopes and 3-axis accelerometers in a compact module.
TDK is a finalist in the following categories of the Best of Sensors Awards 2021:
– IoT and Wireless Category: TDK SmartBug (TM) – this multi-sensor wireless module leverages TDK’s MEMS sensors and algorithms for a wide range of IoT applications.
– Woman of the Year: Dr. Milena Vujosevic, Senior Director and Head of MEMS packaging development was nominated as Woman of the Year for her technical acumen, her pursuit of excellence, her field of expertise and her impact on the industry.
More product information can be found under www.tdk.com or invensense.tdk.com TDK Company
TDK Company is a global leader in electronic solutions for the smart society based in Tokyo, Japan. Built on a basis of mastery of materials sciences, TDK welcomes societal transformation by remaining resolutely at the forefront of technological development and deliberately “Attracting Tomorrow”. It was established in 1935 to commercialize ferrite, a key material in electronic and magnetic products. TDK’s comprehensive and innovative portfolio includes passive components such as ceramic, electrolytic aluminum and film capacitors, as well as magnetic, high frequency, piezoelectric and protection devices. The product line also includes sensors and sensor systems such as temperature and pressure, magnetic and MEMS sensors. Additionally, TDK provides power supplies and devices, magnetic heads and more. These products are marketed under the product brands TDK, EPCOS, InvenSense, Micronas, Tronics and TDK-Lambda. TDK focuses on the demanding automotive, industrial and consumer electronics, as well as information and communication technology markets. The company has a network of design and manufacturing sites and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America. In fiscal year 2021, TDK recorded total sales of $ 13.3 billion and employed approximately 129,000 people worldwide.
You can download this text and the associated images on
TDK to showcase market-leading sensor technologies at Sensors Converge 2021